High BC .25 Cal Bullets

.25AOD

I've been shooting the 115NBT out of my .257AI and my .25-06AI for the last year or two and have enjoyed some sweet long range shooting. But, I'm looking for a little better bullet in the winddrift and downrange energy department. I was just wondering what experiences any of you .25 shooters have had with bullets like the Wildcat 125 RBBT and 130 RBBT? I'm most interested in shooting them out of a .25-06AI, but maybe out of the .257AI also.

I've shot the 125g uld out of a standard 25-06 at 2950fps. Not as fast as you'll be pushing them, but none the less better in energy and wind compared to the 115g NBT. The 125g ULD was very accurate out of my winchester 25-06. Shot 1/2 moa out to 300 yards. Wacked my biggest whitetail buck at 440 yards with teh bullet as well. Good bullet performance, about quarter sized exit, good internal damage. The 115g NBT is a pretty good all around bullet for how cheap it is. For a little higher performance the 125g ULD or the 115g Berger VLD are a little better. I found the 125g ULD to match up with my trajectory with a BC around .515. The berger 115g VLD is about .520. Both a little higher then noslers 115g NBT which is around .450. Good luck.

I'm wondering how the JLK Bullets would perform on critters too. I guess it doesn't really matter too much, most of my hunting is coyotes or 'chucks anyhow. I guess they'd also be ok for the occasional trip through an antelope's lungs.

I'm thinking the 108 would be sweet at about 3350-3400 out of the .25-06AI, it's kind of the best of both worlds in the .25... velocity of a 100 grainer, with a BC fifty points better than the 115 NBT. I'm going to order a box and give them a shot.

I would give them a look, but the Berger 115g VLD is a little higher at .520 and is a proven performer on game. Not trying to shy you away from JLK in anyway though. I was just looking at there site and was looking at there 7mm bullets for my 7 RM. The 168 and 180g both beat the Bergers for BC! I would like to try the 168g with a BC of .690 but would like to know how they are for hunting?? Anybody???

Keep us informed on how they work for you. I also shoot a .25-06AI with a hart barrel and tight groups don't describe what it does with the 100gr Nosler BT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif But would like a bit more energy to better handle long range work on deer but still more than handle a coyote at long range. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.