338 Bergers out.

They sound good but no one gives a date they'll be avaible. If one likes to build the gun around the cartrige around the bullet it will be a tough build. Many bergers are currently out of stock at numerous stores. I doubt the 338's will be any different.

I was already on the train to build a big magnum and I had virtually ruled the 338's out because of the lack of a good hunting bullet...now this!

Sorry to be withholding info.The first batch of 338 berger bullets were sent to commerical accounts with berger.These bullets were to be used for load development and pressue testing.Berger has a backlog of orders to fill just to the large users of the 338 bullets.We all will see them in abouit three weeks or four at the most.As soon as I as get some of the test data,I will
share it.But some of the data is with powders that we (public) can not get.Dealers are already ordering.gun)

Just got back from the range, the berger 300 gr bullets are shooting well.They do prefer being backed off the rifling as others have reported.I'm averaging 1/2 moa at 200 yds.I will be heading to alaska in two days and will have 40 rds to shoot up and test.I'm shooting them at 2850 fps with aball power and fed 215 primers.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.