.338 ai f/l sizing die

andyanimal31

I have built and are using a 338ai on a weatherby action and after a couple of neck sizing sessions are having trouble opening the bolt even though the loads arnt excessive so now want to try a full length size to see if that cures the problem.
i am using norma brass and dont know if any body else is having this problem.
where is a good place to get this die at a resonable price,Any help would be a great help
Cheers Andy

Neil Jones Custom Products will make a FL size die for the 338 Lapua AI. Send him 5 cases fired 3 times. About 30-45 days delivery , but call and confirm first. it will be on a 1" die so he needs the size of the your press opening with the 7/8 insert out. Most are either 1.25 or 1.5. He will provide the proper insert for your press.

It is FL size with shoulder bump bushings and absolutely BR quality. Cost is about $200 with insert and two bushings.

BH

"I have built and are using a 338ai on a weatherby action and after a couple of neck sizing sessions are having trouble opening the bolt even though the loads arnt excessive so now want to try a full length size..."

Do I understand correctly that you had a custom wildcat made up without having any sizer die?

Cost? Well, welcome to the wonderful world of wildcats! Since there are no firm standards for such cartridges the dimensions can vary several thousanths in any direction.

That means you SHOULD get the custom dies made to match your fired cases, not just some less expensive generic .338AI dies someone else may turn out.

I have talked to my gunsmith and he has ordered the correct die to go with the chambering so we should be all go soon
Thanks Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts