• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED .338-.378 long range rifle!!!

Kevin Cram

This is a .338-.378 Weatherby for sale.
Barrel= 40" Kreiger 1-12
Action= P-14, re-blued
Stock= custom built laminate thumb hole
(5" forearm, 1" steel rail in rear)
Scope= Leupold 8.5-25 X 50, 30mm tube, dot reticle
Rings= Hakes "ZERO" custom rings and bases
(the ultimate in long range rings and bases)
Epoxy blocked
Gun Weight= 38lbs.

This is the perfect set-up, with flare for the ultimate long range hunter. I just recently built this gun, it only has approx 300 rounds through it. I used it this year for hunting and took a deer at 1200 yards with the 2nd shot. Tested the effective range of this rifle out to 2100 yards. Consistently hit a 2' rock at 1 mile several times back to back. Weight is the only restriction here. I carried this rifle and about 75lbs of gear 1 1/2 miles back in to hunt. I'm looking to build a little lighter rifle for easier carry. Includes redding dies, 100 pcs. of brass, and a coffin built for rifle. I can take close up pictures if anyone is more interested. Will hand deliver if you live within 4 hours drive of me. Will crate and ship to your FFL if needed. It would definitely cost you more to build this from scratch with the scope and rings included than this price. Selling for $2500
If interested please e-mail me at
[email protected] or call (570) 275-1698

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/6mmbr/vpost?id=838062

You carried the 38lb rifle, + a 75lb pack into the woods for miles? Holy poops, I got winded just thinking of it.

Back on topic, beautiful rig. Wish I had room for it in the safe, and some $$ would help.

Sounds like a great rifle. I've got a stock 338/378 and would like to hear what kind of velocity with which powders you get with long range bullets like the 300 GR. Sierra Match King. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks guys, I really do hate to get rid of this rifle but the weight is literally killing me. Once I got all my gear back in, I left it there for a week and just made sure I was in before daylight and out after dark. I was shooting the 300g SMK's 106g Retumbo, getting 3088fps. I can push it out to 3200fps but am on the edge of too much pressure, and accuracy is not as good. I also go through all my 1000 yard benchrest techiniques for reloading so every aspect of every case is as similar as I can make them. I hope someone will be intersted in buying this, I'm thinking about a .30-.338 Lapua Mag next.