338-300 Ultra Mag by MCR

Kevin Cram

Here's one I finished up a while ago that the customer finished the stock himself. He dropped by today to BS and I got to take a few photos. Here's the specs.

Win 70 action fully blueprinted
Kreiger barrel / 1-10 twist / #17 contour / 30"
Chambred 338 - 300 Ultra Mag.
Vais Muzzle Brake
Pachmayr recoil Pad
Pillar Bedded
Richards Microfit Thumbhole Target Style Stock in Tiger Laminate
MCR Bolt Knob
Ken Farrel 20 moa base
Burris Signature Zee Rings
Sightron 8-32 x 56

AlanHartman338Edge2.jpg

I like it.
I have had one of the stocks, and it took alot of work to finish the fit of the action.
Rifle turned out good. Did he say if he had done any load work with it yet?

I had a fair amount of fitting to make everything fit just right. The outside looked like a beaver carved it but the customer took care of shaping, sanding and finish himself. He had it out for barrel break in and some testing with some 250g SMK's and they worked well through the chronograph but is waiting for some slightly better weather to try some 300g Bergers and 300g SMK's.

I had a fair amount of fitting to make everything fit just right. The outside looked like a beaver carved it but the customer took care of shaping, sanding and finish himself. He had it out for barrel break in and some testing with some 250g SMK's and they worked well through the chronograph but is waiting for some slightly better weather to try some 300g Bergers and 300g SMK's.

Nice lookin' rig. Guess that's not a Joel Russo stock.

There is a huge fifferance in the way Richards stocks are gotten compared to Joels...Richards don't even compare

Nice build Kevin

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.