338/06 Ackley Improved Loads?

Forrest Ebert

Hey just wondering if anyone out here has some load data that they would like to share with me for the 338/06 Ackley Improved with 185-210 grain bullets? Thank you for your time in responding.

:cool:

Common no one out here has any load info to share? I know that this caliber is used a lot but no-one has any info?

Last edited:
It's probablly because it's not considered a long range cartridge. I personally don't have one, I would love to have one as it is an extremely efficent (sp?) cartridge.

I do however, have three Ackley improved cartridges. One is a .30-06 AI and I'm guessing that the Improved case has about 7% increase over the Standard case (similar to the .30-06AI). That being said, you can start with the maximum loads for any given bullet and increase in 1/2 grain increments. You should see an increase of velocity of 150-200fps over the standard loads when you find a good safe load for your rifle.

Here is a link to Reloaders nest. I've used some of their data to help me find starting points for my rifles.

.338-06 Ackley Improved @ www.reloadersnest.com

Hope this helps.

Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts