325 wsm

statjunk

What are the pros and cons of the .325 WSM?

How are the BC's?

What velocities can I expect when reloading?

Would you take a .325WSM over a 300 WM?

Would like to hear facts and some opinion.

Thanks

Tom

What are the pros and cons of the .325 WSM?

How are the BC's?

What velocities can I expect when reloading?

Would you take a .325WSM over a 300 WM?

Would like to hear facts and some opinion.

Thanks

Tom

Tom

The 325 WSM is the same case as the 300 WSM. It is also an 8mm (.323 Dia.) which makes it
a very good elk rifle.

Bullet selection is very poor for the 8mm and it works better with the lighter bullets.

It is supposed to be about the same as a 338 win mag in energy and trajectory.

They are capable of good accuracy in a good barrel unfortunately the factory barrels are for
the most part not very good.

In a short action they are very portable and will work in a 24 inch barrel.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks for the input. I was searching for some info on the .325 wsm and found an article written by Chuck Hawks. He basically says a lot of what you just said. Seems that It's kind of niche bullet.

I'm going to look at the .338 WM and see what it's looking like ballistically. I have a 300 WM that I may be getting rid of and maybe looking into something else.

Thanks

Tom

I have a couple friends that use 338-300wsm's and love them for elk hunting.

This gives them all the benefits of the WSM and the great bullet selection of the 338.

Just fyi,
AJ

I have a 325WSM M70 and it is one rifle I absolutely will not part with. Mine really likes the 220gr Sierra which according to Sierra has a BC of .511. Mine flies around 2670fps although I see the IMR4007SSC will supposedly drive it about 100fps faster. Trajectory is similar to a .308 with 168's-175's

I've shot lots of deer with it and there is very little meat damage. The few elk/moose it has been used on didn't get very far either.

My rifle is pretty light, coming in around 8lbs with scope. Yet recoil is very managable and muzzle blast is less than the .300 and .338 Win Mags I've shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.