325 wsm

cole

Anyone shooting a .325 wsm? I' ve been offered one for a very good price. Free!:D I did some work for this guy...... Anyway anyone shooting this caliber please pipe up. Good or bad I' d really like some input.

Thanks Cole

I load for a friend who has one. It is an Ok rifle, but I'd much rather have my 300wsm or a 7mm wsm. THe WSM case is getting a little short for the 32 and 33 caliber bullets if you want to use the heavier ones. Not a bad round though.

What do you load for your friend? I already own a 300 wm which I like alot. This will be an extra;). Who can have too many guns? I've read a bunch of articles. Some are very high on this caliber as a "great" Elk cartridge. Couldnt find any threads here, so thought I'd ask.

Anyone used 325 wsm for hunting? If so any reports.

Thanks all!

My cousin used one on elk hunt in CO this past season. He said the rifle was accurate, but didn't feed well at all . Took a nice 6x6 at 480yds. with it.

which one is it. If it is a kimber, winchester or some sort of claw extractor I think it will feed well. I have had several but not a 325. Remington with push feed I don't know of one that didn't go back because of a feeding problems. But the weatherby(push feed) I own in a 270 feeds really well. Installing a center feed clip always helps. Why are they getting rid of it? Cost of ammo, or recoil? I see alot of them on the used shelf and ask why, it is always the same as the rum's they kick to hard.

What do you load for your friend? I already own a 300 wm which I like alot. This will be an extra;). Who can have too many guns? I've read a bunch of articles. Some are very high on this caliber as a "great" Elk cartridge. Couldnt find any threads here, so thought I'd ask.

Anyone used 325 wsm for hunting? If so any reports.

Thanks all!

I load 200 gr Nosler Accubonds with CCI BR2 and Rl 19 compressed loads for him and I can't get them up to the velocity that I would like to see. I didn't do extensive testing because he wasn't going for the extreme accuracy that I do and I didn't want to waste lots of $$$ for him. He is getting somewhere in the area of .75 - 1 moa out of it. I personally don't like the rifle because the recoil is a little more than I care for. I'm sure it could be improved with a recoil pad -- but it isn't my rifle. a free rifle is a wonderful rifle ;)

I have a Win M70 CRPF in 325WSM. I love it and don't plan on getting rid of it. I have used it on elk and several deer with the 220gr Sierra. Accuracy is incredible for a sporter rifle, it averages 0.5moa for 3 rounds (just shot a O.39" group at 221 yards.) Recoil is nothing considering it is in a sub - 8lb rifle. Drop is pretty much identical to my .308 out to 500 so easy to remeber as well. Never have I had a feeding issue.

Thanks again! The rifle is a browning abolt. I will be putting a muzzlebrake on it. I was thinking of trying the 200 grain barnes tsx. Should be fun to put it together.

Any other load recipes would be great.

Cole

I think Ian M wrote an article on that cartridge. Do an advance search using his name and the name of the cartridge.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.