.30cal 125 Speer TNTs What do you think?

crowsnest2002

I recently tried a load of 4064, CCI BR2's, SPEER 125 Grn TNT HP, and Hornady match brass. All I can say is wow. Accuracy was starting to produce one hole groups out of my .308 and as far as impact all I can say is brutal. This is only within 100 yards. I cant wait to see what it does when I stretch it out there a little bit. Anyone have any comments on these bullets that could be helpful?

I recently tried a load of 4064, CCI BR2's, SPEER 125 Grn TNT HP, and Hornady match brass. All I can say is wow. Accuracy was starting to produce one hole groups out of my .308 and as far as impact all I can say is brutal. This is only within 100 yards. I cant wait to see what it does when I stretch it out there a little bit. Anyone have any comments on these bullets that could be helpful?

Not sure you've tried another great bullet by Speer it's the; .30 cal 130gr HP I've use them in everything from a 7.62x38mm to .300 H&H mag I never found a .30 cal barrel they didn't like. They were match accurate at 100 yards in my .308 and .300 Win mag.. Vel.... wise they can bring on the smoke for the hand loader. They are hard on Yote's.

These 125's can only be loaded so fast as far as I know. Its not necessarily an issue with my .308 though. If I can get out again I'll post some pictures. Hopefully I'll get some longer shots so I can see the results.

For me the 125 Speer HP has been a very accurate bullet also. I have not shot any varmints with it but shot some water filled jugs with it in my 30X47 HBR caliber rifle at 2850 fps and they popped like water balloons. Much more violent impact than 125 Nosler ballistic tips. I have shot a lot of deer with 125 ballistic tips, 308 Win 3000 fps, 30X47 HBR, 2850 fps rifles, Contender pistol 14" barrel 30-30AI 2650 fps. The 125 ballistic tip is a great deer killing bullet at these velocities.

I agree with 436, my .308 prefer the 130 gr. HP over the TNT for accuracy. Try the higher BC Hornady A-Max's for the 300+ shots. Terminal ballistics on chucks is impressive to say the least.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.