.308 Lapua Brass

dzander

I just got some of this brass.
what would i need to do for accuracy?

primer pocket uniform?
Deburr flash hole?

Size, trim chamfer?

My first time with this Brand

Look them over for any dents or out of the ordinary things, but you should be able to unbox them and load them up. May have to neck size them if you don't have enough tension to hold bullets, but Lapua brass rarely needs much prep work done to it.

Look them over for any dents or out of the ordinary things, but you should be able to unbox them and load them up. May have to neck size them if you don't have enough tension to hold bullets, but Lapua brass rarely needs much prep work done to it.

I run an expander mandrel through the necks and then run them through my resizing die just because new they have some serious neck tension.

Other than that no brass prep required! Worth every penny.

ya, i loaded 24 rounds, with 4 different seating depths to see what would group best, I didn't re-size. I did notice a good bit of difference in neck tension on some of the cases.
loading Berger 168g VLD Hunting bullets. I wonder if its all for nothing since I didn't re size the cases?

ya, i loaded 24 rounds, with 4 different seating depths to see what would group best, I didn't re-size. I did notice a good bit of difference in neck tension on some of the cases.
loading Berger 168g VLD Hunting bullets. I wonder if its all for nothing since I didn't re size the cases?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.