308 Lapua brass

river308

Hello I just purchased a LAR-8 Rock river 308. I only have like 15 rounds through it. I just bought 50 rounds of New Lapua brass and I reloaded it to the proper specs. I put a few rounds in the mag and dry cycled them, went in fine and came out fine. The question I have is why does the brass and bullet have scuff marks on them. Is it the new chamber or maybe the new lapua brass? My OAL in 2.800 I think thats right for the 308 round. Also the bullets I used are seirra 168grains hollow point BT. Need Help on this issue? Thanks Garret

my guess would be that the marks came from being moved from the mag to the chamber.pics would be a better way of allowing us to really see just what the marks look like.

Hi Garret,

First, you'll need to accept that a certain amount of scuffing or marking is perfectly normal with this type of rifle. Service Rifles (like this) are made to function, regardless of dirt, mud, improper lubrication, whatever. The trade off here is that they're not very gentle in their cycling or operation. Pretty darn brutal, in fact. So long as they're just surface scuffing, and not an actual cut with gouges the metal, the cases will be just fine and should reload normally.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.