300wsm Brass???

NorthernHunter67

Hello Reloaders,
I've been loading 300wsm for 10 years with a stock of 300 cases, mostly Federal nickel-plated and standard Winchester brass. Some cases have been loaded 3-4 times. I mostly neck size. I'm starting to get up to 10-15% split necks in both Fed and Win cases plus a few stretched primer pockets in the Federals. Currently, the only other brass available in Canada is Nosler in 25 case packs at $116.00($4.40/case). Lapua doesn't seem to make 300wsm for some reason, Norma and Hornady are out of stock.
So, is Nosler 300wsm worth $4.40($3.50US) per case???

You only get 3-4 firings from neck sized only brass?
Wow, I would focus more on figuring that out before contributing anymore to it.
Thats all I get outa gold box lapua brass 300 win.mag...
How many do you get...???
What weight bullets and speed do you get...????

I've gotten 10+ reloads out of the Winchester Nickel 300 WSM brass and I still have that brass. I have set it aside because now and only use the Norma and Nosler brass because they gave more consistent velocities in regards to SD. My Winchester brass brass, has 6+ reloads. My Nosler brass has at least 4 and maybe 5 reloads, my Norma brass only 1. I have yet to get a single neck split neck. I do full length but only bump the shoulder back a few thousandths and I anneal after every firing using a salt bath. I did not start the annealing until around my 5th or 6th loading of the nickel brass, but since then everything gets annealed after each firing. YMMV.

I'm pushing 215 bergers 2810 fps at 3.600' elevation out of my 26" savage 12BVSS. Sub 1/2 MOA all the way out to 600 yards and if I do my part under 1 MOA at 1,000. The 1,000 will get better when I learn to get better at wind and mirage reading. It's me and not the gun.

I've gotten 10+ reloads out of the Winchester Nickel 300 WSM brass and I still have that brass. I have set it aside because now and only use the Norma and Nosler brass because they gave more consistent velocities in regards to SD. My Winchester brass brass, has 6+ reloads. My Nosler brass has at least 4 and maybe 5 reloads, my Norma brass only 1. I have yet to get a single neck split neck. I do full length but only bump the shoulder back a few thousandths and I anneal after every firing using a salt bath. I did not start the annealing until around my 5th or 6th loading of the nickel brass, but since then everything gets annealed after each firing. YMMV.

I'm pushing 215 bergers 2810 fps at 3.600' elevation out of my 26" savage 12BVSS. Sub 1/2 MOA all the way out to 600 yards and if I do my part under 1 MOA at 1,000. The 1,000 will get better when I learn to get better at wind and mirage reading. It's me and not the gun.
Impressive! I'm not even close to that class.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.