7mm-300wsm brass?

joe3

if i were to build a 7mm300wsm should i neck down the 300wsm norma brass or neck up the 270wsm norma brass? seeing how norma brass is thick in the neck anyway, i was just thinking it might be better just to neck up the 270wsm brass....

or should i skip that mess and just order a plain 7wsm barrel and use Win brass? would the norma brass be worth it? either way, there will be brass prep!

Joe3, use the Norma 300-WSM brass and neck it down to 7mm. You will need to fireform the brass too. The Norma Brass is worth the extra work.

Jake

lets see here....
neck down 300wsm norma brass, ream inside neck, and fireform. would this be better than lotting out and brass prep on the Win 7wsm brass? i cant decide...

anyone get good accuracy out of Win brass for the 7wsm?

Joe3, I have heard that the Winchester 7mm WSM brass, when preped, is performing well. However, the Norma 300-WSM brass is some awesome stuff. You just have decide what works best for you.

Jake

I would just use the regular 7WSM and Win Brass.
My LSR built 7WSM Savage barreled with a Broughton barrel shoots 5 shot groups at 1K at .75moa and has shot sub .5moa groups in competition using Win brass right out of the bag along with 175 SMK's right out of the box, no prep what so ever.
Wayne aka WAMBO

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.