300WM neck diameter

wadevb1

A few years back I had Gre-Tan build me a WM and the chamber was cut with a Lapua spec reamer with .337 neck. I'm running low on Lapua brass and don't want to start turning brass and perhaps try running factory through her.

Greg responded to my email, but asked what diameter I wanted. I replied asking for his recommendation, but I'm curious what diameter others are running in their WM.

Thanks-

Wade

Isn't the thickness of the brass you intend to use the first thing you need to know? If you don't know the neck diameter of the ammo you will be using, you are just guessing. If you are guessing you should probably guess SAAMI specs. SAAMI is .3407"/.3421" .

Isn't the thickness of the brass you intend to use the first thing you need to know? If you don't know the neck diameter of the ammo you will be using, you are just guessing. If you are guessing you should probably guess SAAMI specs. SAAMI is .3407"/.3421" .

I'm unsure of the average thickness of factory ammunition these days. I'm seeing everything from .339 and up during my search for spec.

Thus my quesiton, What has been working for others? I'd Like to stay as minimum as possible, yet stay no turn.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.