300Ultra Range Report #2

huntinco

User
Would you 300 guys please share your load results. Thanks in advance!!

Load Data 6-6-08
Temp 67 Humidity 24%
Christensen Arms Custom 300 Ultra Mag
Shilen Select Match Grade 1-9 Twist
Leupold VX-III 4.5-14x50
5 shot group with 1 fouling
Nosler AccuBond 200gr seated .006 from the lands.
Range 108 yards

Powder Avg Velocity Vertical & Horizontal Group
H-1000 "90gr" 3028 0.718 0.470 Excellent!!

RL-25 "89.5gr" 3062 1.409 1.139

Retumbo "93gr" 3074 0.820 1.320

Magnum "98gr" 3188 1.715 1.480 MAX LOAD!!!

Justin Richins
The R&K Hunting Company-Big Game Hunting Outfitters in Utah, Wyoming & Montana

Ive found that my gun love's the berger 210gn VLD with 93gn of H-1000 and CCi mag primers. Set at .005 off of the lands. At about 3075fps They group real good. I just found this weekend wile shooting in some stiff cross wind that they buck the wind real good also.

Luckily, Montana is implementing an archery draw system in most of our premiere elk units. Limiting the NR hunter will be good. I looked at the R&K site. Advertising that it will take several years to draw a limited entry Montana rifle permit is a BAD idea. These permits are virtually once-in-a-lifetime for RESIDENTS. Can't say I'd like to share any data. mtmuley

I agree

At the rate things are going, the only quality hunting we locals will see, will be the videos of rich out of staters hunting the premier high dollar private hunting areas that we cannot afford to hunt. Sorry about the highjack, but it makes me ill to think about how hard it is for me to draw one of these premium elk tags. Then if I do draw one, I get to go stand on the edge of the best hunting ground that holds most of the elk for miles around, like a little kid looking into the candy store. Mean while some outfitter, or out of stater buys the land and only lets high paying clients or buisiness associates hunt it. Elite hunting for the elite hunter.
sd

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts