300 yds. 7mm Allen Magnum Thanks Kirby!

esshup

Yeah, I know it's not long range, but it's the distance I was using for load development. Bipod front rest, bag back. I had to switch to 180 Bergers since the 175 SMK's were coming apart around the 50 yard range from the muzzle at the fps that they used to be the most accurate. These are going about 125 fps slower than the 175 SMK's.

7mm 180g Berger @ 3350 fps MV. 60°F ambient temps. Tape is graduated in .100" The flyer is me. :(

Thanks again Kirby!!

101_1517.jpg

101_1518.jpg

c-c of group is roughly .375" x .200"

Thanks. Last year in Colorado a cow elk found out that 700 yds wasn't safe. I ran it out to 1330 yds before the hunt to get a drop chart figured out for the different elevation (only about 6,000' difference from here to there) and at that distance the 2nd bullet impacted in the same crater that the first one made after hitting a small rock.

I DID find out that a 47°F temp drop (+39°F to -8°F) plus a 1,000' drop in elevation equals a 2 moa difference in POI.

Any pics of the rifle?

Yup. Here's the specs and the picture:

Picture is from before the cheekpiece was added.

Nesika Bay Model M Hunter
Lilja SS, fluted 1-9, 4 groove, 28" barrel, #6 contour
APS Slim Painkiller muzzle brake
Jewell trigger
Manner MCS-GAT stock
Defensive Edge adjustable cheekpiece
HS Precision Detachable Magazine system
Nesika 20 moa SS rail base
NightForce Ultralight rings
NightForce NXS NPR1 5.5-22x50mm with zero stop
Rail mounted ACI
Scope mounted scope level
Harris S-BRM 9"-13" Bipod with Swivel Lock w/Bipod Loc

7mmAM.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.