.300 wsm vs 7mm rem mag

I'm not sure how bug you think Kansas deer are but either one will work. I used a .243 last year on a couple deer and didn't have any trouble. Being a Tikka that you're looking at, I've read the 7RM Tikkas have a short magazine limiting your OAL. Not sure about the 300 WSM. Good luck with your hunt.

Rich- either is fine. do you reload? have you loaded your 300 wsm with 168 and superperformance powder?

Rich- either is fine. do you reload? have you loaded your 300 wsm with 168 and superperformance powder?

Ron, looks like this thread was a couple months old and got revived. But now that you mention it, no, I have not loaded 168s and Superformance. Took a quick look and my Berger manual, doesn't list it. Hodgdon doesn't either, but they do list H414 which is right above Superformance on the burn chart. I have used H4350 and RL17 with 180 Accubonds and 210 VLD myself. But I'm always looking for a reason to go to the range and experiment. So... what's the scoop on 168s and Superformance in the 300 WSM?:)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.