300 WSM reloading info request

I stopped using 215Ms and switched to 210Ms seriously increased accuracy/consistency.

I'm not sure if anyone is shooting a Browning xbolt on here but I have one and the load that I have now works really well.

168gr Barnes TTSX
66gr IMR4350
I can't remember the OAL (dad has it)

At 100yds I can cover 3 shot groups with a dime.

I want to play with a load for the 180gr TTSX and the 200gr Accubond to see what I get. I've heard that the IMR7828ssc is pretty good for those bullets.

Does anyone have a load for these?

I was able to get a good group at 2940 fps out of R19 just under max with the 180gr ttsx. Going above that caused the grouping to open up.

How much powder were you using? I just picked up some 200gr Accubonds from Sportsman's Warehouse and want to find a load for those as well.

BTW, Sportsman's in Mesa has Berger VLD Hunting bullets right now. They had 4 boxes of them.

I bought a 300 WSM when Kimber came out with the 8400 Montana. About 2004. My first load data came from IMR Powder, Speer and Hornady sites. loaded up some loads and went to the range. I fire lapped the barrel with 30 cast gas check bullets and fire lap compound, (Lyman Data for Gas Check bullets.) Cleaned barrel every 5 round group. Cleaned the barrel then started with jacketed bullets.

150 gr. bullets got 1 3/4 in. group.

165 gr. Hornady got 1 1/4 in. Group.

180 gr. Sierra shot in 9/16 in. Group.
180 gr. Hornady inter belted got 3/4 in. Group.

My load for the 180 gr Sierra Bullet, Listed in original IMR data.
Case, New Winchester, FL sized, Trimmed, 2.090, champhered inside and out.

Primer, Winchester LR (Box said for Standard and Magnum Loads then.)

Powder, IMR 4350 65.0 Gr. Sixty Five.

Bullet, Sierra 180 gr. 30 cal. Spitzer.

Overall Cartridge Length 2.860

With this load the rifle shot a 9/16 in. 3 shot group at 100 yds.
I changed the bullet to a Hornady Interlock 3/4 groups, Became my deer load.

For my Big game load I used the same Case, Primer, and Powder Load and changed to NOSLER 30 cal. 180 Gr. Partition.
2 Caribou, 1 at 175 and 1 at 125 yards.
1 Bull Elk at 220 yds.

These loads perform the same with the Winchester LR Magnum primers since they changed from one primer, to their present, Standard and Magnum Primers offers.

Rifle, Mounts, Scope and Sling and 4 rounds of Ammo weighs in at 7 1/4 Lb. Makes for a great walking hunt rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.