300 WM: 200gr Nosler AB Load?

Load data is everywhere. I shoot a different bullet and I use Magpro in my 300wm.

I have the same process for every rifle. For seating depth I do .010 off the lands to start. My personal process is to shoot five shot groups for every half grain from min to max. So if it has a range of 81-86gr I do 81, 81.5, 82, etc. Between each group I clean the barrel and let it cool five minutes.

Then I pick the best three and do a quarter grain up and down. If 82 made the cut then I do 81.75 and 82.25. Then I pick the best from there and play with the COAL until I find the best shooter. Then I never ever mess with it again.

The biggest thing before you do any of this is make sure your rifle is properly bedded and your trigger is consistent. Those two things alone will make a massive difference in grouping.

I shoot the 200 grain Accubond and found the Nosler Manual to be way off on its published velocity for H4831. They had a max of 70.5 would yeild you 2910 fps in a 24" bbl. I have a 26" bbl and my velo was 2770. This was discouraging but since I couldn't find any rldr 26 or 23 I continued on with the H4831. This was a sub moa load I will agree with that the bullets did stack onto themselves with pinpoint accuracy, but I was looking for more zip. So I continued on in 0.5 increments with Nosler brass and CCI250 primers until I saw pressure signs. Slight flattening of primers and ejector marks. No hard bolt lift. Groups are still 0.5 to 0.75 moa and my velocity is 2980 fps. This is a fine load for me. 72.4 grains and 3.40 COAL. Again this is a max load and should be worked up to cautiously. Good luck and happy shooting.

I started load development with Hornady brass (all I could put my hands on at the time), IMR 4350, WLRM primers, 200 gr AB @ 2,900fps. Not the fastest load but prints 0.532". Stopped load development because I was short on time for an upcoming elk hunt and load development for my 338wm. Going to start testing soon with H1000 and RL 26.

Where are you finding H1000 and RL26?...
I started load development with Hornady brass (all I could put my hands on at the time), IMR 4350, WLRM primers, 200 gr AB @ 2,900fps. Not the fastest load but prints 0.532". Stopped load development because I was short on time for an upcoming elk hunt and load development for my 338wm. Going to start testing soon with H1000 and RL 26.

I stumbled up on 3 pounds H1000 from the same lot at a local Sporting Goods store. I travel a lot in my work and stopped at a mom & pop gun store and to my surprise picked up 3 more #'s H1000. Got a tip on where some RL 26 is, but due to weather my trip thru that town has been postponed for a while, hope it's still there when I pass thru next week!

I shoot a Savage 116 Bear Hunter and hand load the 200 gr Nosler AccuBond as well. My load consists of 78 gr of H1000, Remington brass, and Winchester large rifle primer (non magnum). I have it seated at 30,000 ths off the lands. In my rifle this load at 100 yards will print a nice cloverleaf consistently.

What's your velocity at?

Been shooting the 200 AB in 300WM for about 15 years and can say without a doubt it has been fantastic. Sendero, 26" barrel, 0.010 off lands (you need to be careful at this point if you do not have experience loading) with RL22 at 2950 fps. Not a speed merchant but extremely accurate in my rifle well below 0.5 MOA at 300 yards if I don't drink coffee for a couple days.... Kills cleanly and you get great energy transfer from deer to elk no problem. Best elk kill I have had was a walking 5x5 that was hit square on shoulders at 160 yards lifted him off his feet and never twitched. Bullet under hide opposite side. Lots of fellow members have gotten similar results with this bullet. It just flies really good for average hunting distances. I still use it for deer in IN cornfields since I need to make sure they are anchored and don't leave the farm. My avatar is from this year with same rifle and load. It is nice to end up with a rifle and load that just exudes confidence when sighting in a decent animal. I believe the 200AB will do that for you.

Hello all,

New reloader, about to purchase my first "batch" of supplies to develop my first load. I am planning to shoot the 200gr Nosler AB. I am looking for the following:

- Brass Recommendations
- Powder Recommendations

Should I focus on loading this 1 bullet or should I pick a 2nd candidate as well to load?

How many different powders should I initially purchase to develop a load? 2-3?

Thank you all in advance. I am hoping to get atleast 0.5-0.75 MOA at 100 out of this rifle. It's a new Savage 110 Hunter.

Thank you all in advance.

WW BRASS
200GR ACCUBOND
H4831 @ 74.0
WLR PRIMER

338 WIN
IMR 4350 @ 71.0
225 SWIFT A FRAME
WW BRASS
FED 215GM PRIMER

3 powders stand out for me with the 200gr AB in 4 different 300WM rifles I own, not including my 300WM comp rifles...they are RE25 (less than 600mtr), H1000 & RETUMBO. Have used H50BMG with 210gr/215gr/230gr with excellent results...but special tools are needed to get the powder settled consistently. Also found it ONLY works jammed HARD.

Cheers.

Hello all,

New reloader, about to purchase my first "batch" of supplies to develop my first load. I am planning to shoot the 200gr Nosler AB. I am looking for the following:

- Brass Recommendations
- Powder Recommendations

Should I focus on loading this 1 bullet or should I pick a 2nd candidate as well to load?

How many different powders should I initially purchase to develop a load? 2-3?

Thank you all in advance. I am hoping to get atleast 0.5-0.75 MOA at 100 out of this rifle. It's a new Savage 110 Hunter.

Thank you all in advance.
i still co sider myself a beginner and probably for other in this site i am... i start reloading choosing the bullet and the raccomended powder for it.. until now i can't complain about results..
i remember first time usin 165 gn federal fusion ammo on 300 win mag i was so pleased that i finally got 200 bullets hornady amax 168 using hogdong reloading data.. ( 1/4 moa all day long) to save on cost i find .. nosler bullets on 165 gn but didn't want to buy other powder cause i had a bunch of rl 22 and imr 4350 so i started to experiment datas from other company cause nosler wasn't listed those powder for that bullet .. at the end... i'm having fun texting.. but at my condition .. use what u have .. and not spending money in powder for only one rifle..
performance are pleasantly decent.. I'm not the type of person that go CRAZY after powders bullet and bras.. ( still using my federal brass after 7 and more reloads learning how to annealing and scrapping some of them ..i can use now SAME powder for different calibers.. and the cheapest on the .market example? IMR 4350 for
300 win .mag from 168 gn hormady
175 gn nosler208 and the new 225 gn hornady bullets
same powder for 6.5 creedmoor
for 129 hor.
140 nos
143 horn
same powder found useful
and sub moa for 5.56 nato
using 50 55 68 and u5 gn hornady bullets

conclusion i hate to buy new brass when I have a bunch of it in good condition
i save on powder choice not on performance
and i don't like to go too crazy on performance.. as one hole 5 bullets ( i'm not doing competitions i like to ear the DING OR DONG at 500 and plus yards) and make sure next deer stays there... and i follow the reccomandation of a multitude of professiolan shooters
YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM A PRECISION RIFLE ONE MOA RESULTS TO BE CONSIDERATE PRECISE!!! IF IS SUB MOA .. BETTER!!! 😁😁good luck and have fun shooting tis is the important part.. and if u have more good ammo ( at your price) ? you will have more fun.. good luck

ADG Brass, CCI 250 77 grains of RL-25, 75 grains of RL-26, 80 grains of 8133, 73 grains of RL-22 All shoot very well and other than RL-26 were easily sourced. H1000 was tried 73-78 grains....did not stand out for accuracy in this bullet combination.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.