300 Win Mag Dies

SLIVER

Wondering which dies I should get for my 300WIN build. I know I want a micrometer seating die, and will be using the 215 Berger, but what about the sizing die? Do you guys full length size the 300 win? I have never loaded for a belted cartridge like this. Which brands do you prefer?
Thanks for all recommendations you can give me.

))--SLIVER-->

I use RCBS full length dies the vast majority of the time especially if there hunting rifles, their neck dies for varmint rounds and small base dies for anything being loaded for pump action rifles... I use Belding and Mull straight line bullet seaters for ever cartridge..best things I ever bought..

Wondering which dies I should get for my 300WIN build. I know I want a micrometer seating die, and will be using the 215 Berger, but what about the sizing die? Do you guys full length size the 300 win? I have never loaded for a belted cartridge like this. Which brands do you prefer?
Thanks for all recommendations you can give me.

))--SLIVER-->

I use a Redding body die, Redding +.010" competition shell holder, and a Lee collet neck die. This setup allows me to bump the shoulder .002" for my rifle.

It depends what you want to do and the particular rifle. In my factory Remington Sendero, I use RCBS dies. I've got 7 loads on my oldest cases and have never had to full length size. The loads are full but not "hot".

Really happy with my Forster dies. Have the Forster Ultra Micrometer Seater Die and Bushing bump neck dies. Seating Dies are very repeatable and work really well with VLD's. Thanks for the reminder. Need to order a new decapping pin.

At the moment I am using Redding Type-S bushing Die for sizing and Forster Ultra micrometer bench rest for seating.

I do not seem to be able to get very good concentricity....

Do you guys grease the necks before sizing into the bushing ?

I'd like to give the Lee Collett a go one day though.....:)

Very happy with the Forster seater.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.