300 win mag brass

I see you've already chosen a brand of brass, but I thought I'd throw in my 2 coins anyways ;)
In my rifles, .300 Win Mag is what I put the most money into (top-shelf components, brass etc), and I use Hornady brass for load development/target shooting/hunting/general useage... But I have 200 rounds of Nosler Custom brass that I use for competition loads (F class).

The Hornady brass is absolutely excellent, I have a certain 50 that I have now loaded 7 times, and only trimmed twice - case heads haven't expanded a bit... impressive. I would use them for my competition rounds if they weighed more consistently.

The Nosler brass is extremely consistent, all four 50rd. bags I ordered have all been extremely tight - however at $1.25 per case, it's a little high. I've only loaded them 3 times (50 still unfired - waiting) - and they've stretched more than the Hornady's did, but accuracy has been phenominal.

I've been buying a lot of Federal Premium brass lately, and have recently purchased new, unprimed Fed brass in .223, .30-06, .280 Rem - and they have been MUCH better than other standard commercial brands - thus far... by commercial brands I am talking about Rem and Win. Right now I have some 6mm Remington brass that I am working into a custom rounds for a fellow - .22/6mm ... a nice little 1000 yard screamer that shoots 90gr. .224" bullets at 3200+ fps ... Just got the rifle built and am forming up some brass, so this will be a great test on how well it holds up.

I went to Nolser brass a few years ago for my heavy barrel target rifles,25-06 300WM, no trimming,use them till primmer gets lose ,full length resize (bump the shoulder back) threads on that,best money I ever spent.:)

I bought 250 Winchester brass 3 years ago and 3000 rounds later, out of a custom built 300 win mag. I fireformed them all, and then put them into to lots of 50 from the oringinal bags. I could get 13 to 14 firings, and then they would all start to crack just above the belt. Primer pockets were nice and tight all the way to the end. I full lenght resise every 3rd firing or when bolt lift becomes heavy. I dont think you have anything to lose, to try a 100.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts