300 Wby. Mag. VS. 300 Rem.Ultra Mag. ?

To be honest, I have never been a fan of Weatherby's rifles, however, the Accumark has grown on me, it's nothing like the Deluxe model I had in 340 Weatherby back in 1990. That thing was HEAVY!

Cheers.
You should try a Backcountry Ti.
Dad has one in 300 Wby, and it shoots incredibly well. The 3D Hex recoil pad plus the brake make it very easy to shoot, and even more so to carry.

Dad has one in 300 Wby, and it shoots incredibly well. The 3D Hex recoil pad plus the brake make it very easy to shoot, and even more so to carry.
I've been contemplating this exact setup for a long time. Coupled with a Trijicon 3-18x44 Tenmile this combo would come in around 8 pounds all up and should be tolerable on the recoil.

What kind of groups is your dad seeing out of his? My current 300 WBY is a stainless one made in the 90s that shoots fantastically but weighs in at 10.5 pounds all setup. Could drop 20 ounces off the stock if I swap to Peak 44 but that still leaves me a pound heavier than a fully setup Backcountry.

The variety of Weatherby models are very few here, you have to pay upfront and order models that aren't on the shelf, just like I did with that Deluxe model I had. Wish I had of known how heavy it was prior to buying it…
Beautiful rifle, but heavy and noisy with that radial brake they came with.

Cheers.

I've had both plus a couple other big 30s and everything I shot with them was unable to give an opinion on how dead they felt by the time I got to them. Custom built that I was loading for, rum, I still love the bee, InFactory or custom for that matter I might choose the prc for convenience, components and the easy button. The prc won't keep up with the two you mentioned. Fun stuff to ponder 🤔

One of my bees was a Japan mark 5 the other a stainless 70 classic. One rum rem Sendero and two win stainless classics. Still have one rebarreled by classic barrel,28" and stocked by Jim Borden Rimrock stocks with wildlife camo. The other turned into a 28 nosler😳

I've been contemplating this exact setup for a long time. Coupled with a Trijicon 3-18x44 Tenmile this combo would come in around 8 pounds all up and should be tolerable on the recoil.

What kind of groups is your dad seeing out of his? My current 300 WBY is a stainless one made in the 90s that shoots fantastically but weighs in at 10.5 pounds all setup. Could drop 20 ounces off the stock if I swap to Peak 44 but that still leaves me a pound heavier than a fully setup Backcountry.
Consistently under an inch with 5 shots at 200 yards with my handloads.

I told him that if he missed anything, it's not the fault of the rifle. 😁

I gotta add my 2 cents only because I LOVE any and all of the 300 magnums. I own 1 x 300 WSM, 5 x 300 WM, 3 x 300 Wby, 1 x 300 RUM, 1 x 30-378 Wby. I just haven't found a 300 H&H or 30 Ruger yet that I like enough to buy (gun configuration wise yet).

No animal alive can tell the difference between the 300 Wby and RUM... Dead is dead and the magnums are fantastic performers both short and long range. Of course that's if you use a decently constructed bullet. Ironically for me... for the 300 Wby... big cow moose running at about 200 yards... dropped with 1 shot in 20 yards. For the 300 RUM... 6x6 bull elk at 250 running across a field... dropped with 1 shoot in 15-20 yards. When that happens... you just develop such confidence in the cartridges that if it's a critical hunt... you want them.

Availability wise... pretty hard not to find 300 Wby ammo anywhere. The RUM is there but nowhere near as available.

I couldn't help myself one day when I found a Blaser K95 (I had been looking for a bit) and I ran into an awesome deal... and the closer which made it an absolute no brainer... it was in 300 Wby!!! Wife still doesn't know about that one... THANK GOD!!!

Attachments

• 20211223_193729.jpg
    20211223_193729.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20211223_181947.jpg
    20211223_181947.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 35
First came H&H, 20 years later came 300WBY, 14 years after came 30-378WBY, a year later came 300WM, Took another forty years to get the rum, yet not as fast as the 30-378WBY created 40 years earler. So, we can choose what we compare and make our choice the best...I don't have them all, but like them all. Any you don't like, I will be gald to give them a loving home! :p

First came H&H, 20 years later came 300WBY, 14 years after came 30-378WBY, a year later came 300WM, Took another forty years to get the rum, yet not as fast as the 30-378WBY created 40 years earler. So, we can choose what we compare and make our choice the best...I don't have them all, but like them all. Any you don't like, I will be gald to give them a loving home! :p

Buuuuuuut if you're a head-case like me, you do the math as to powder consumption vs velocity. Then determine at what point the small velocity gains vs powder consumption becomes diminishing returns on the investment!

Ya just have to determine at what point it's no longer a practical investment! 😉 memtb

Buuuuuuut if you're a head-case like me, you do the math as to powder consumption vs velocity. Then determine at what point the small velocity gains vs powder consumption becomes diminishing returns on the investment!

Ya just have to determine at what point it's no longer a practical investment! 😉 memtb
When I was young I had to have the fastest! Bought a 300WBY and a 1985 VMAX, which was for about 20 years the fastest production motorcycle. Now I buy what I enjoy, and more importantly, what I can afford to enjoy after acquisition!
Enjoy what you have, buy what you like, only person you need to answer to is your spouse
😉