300 SS makes first kill

Idaho Trecker

I am very excited to be able to finally post to this forum as this is my first kill over 1000 yards!!! I started the afternoon out by sighting in my rifle with my new scope and being very happy with the group. About 2 hours after this group I spotted this big boy sauntering out of the timber to the field and then I started getting really excited seeing his rack and the distance.

I ranged him at 1110 Yards!!! For me this was my furthest shot on game to date. I dialed up 24.25 moa and held the 2moa for wind and let the 215 Berger fly. The shot flew true and was a perfect heart/lung shot that left a racket ball sized exit. 20161028_162301.jpg

20161028_162637.jpg

20161028_184919.jpg

20161028_192938.jpg

Fist pumping on my phone right now!! Great work. Bet all the powder and load development seems like a drop in the bucket now:D. Long like the 300 SS!

Thanks a lot guys!!! I still cant believe how everything came together. Maybe my mule deer hunt will give me something else to post again soon.

Congrats on a great shot on a great buck!! What a cool day for you!! I share in your excitement for you on a great accomplishment! Ill have to check out your thread regarding your 300 SS sounds very cool.

Congrats on a great shot on a great buck!! What a cool day for you!! I share in your excitement for you on a great accomplishment! Ill have to check out your thread regarding your 300 SS sounds very cool.

Thank you!
There are a few pages now on my 300 SS thread and one think that shows throughout is the accuracy on this rifle/cartridge combo.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.