300 rum coal

outdooraddict

Now that I think I have most of it figured out I did as I was told and dimpled the neck colored the bullet with a sharpie and chamberd it I did this 5 times to make sure every time was identical 3.800 that seems long to me but I loaded a dummy round ( no primer or powder) and it chambers fine. I just dont want to screw anything up.:confused: By the way its a savage action.

Are you using it as a single shot? If so, you have a great starting point. If not, make sure it fits in your magazine, as you might need to shorten it a little to make it fit.

Good luck,
AJ

It has a mag and no it wont fit I have to go down to 3.73 to fit in the box was just wondering how that will affect anything because I keep reading about seating into the lands. thank you I am using 200gr accubonds.

Shoot it and see. The important part is that you now know where your lands are.

I don't have a single rifle that I seat "into the lands". I seat them close though.

I would shoot it at the maximum length your magazine will easily handle and try to work up a load at that length. You might be pleasantly surprised.

AJ

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.