300 rum coal

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by outdooraddict, Sep 11, 2008.

1. outdooraddict

outdooraddict Well-Known Member

Now that I think I have most of it figured out I did as I was told and dimpled the neck colored the bullet with a sharpie and chamberd it I did this 5 times to make sure every time was identical 3.800 that seems long to me but I loaded a dummy round ( no primer or powder) and it chambers fine. I just dont want to screw anything up.:confused: By the way its a savage action.

2. HarryCallahan

HarryCallahan Well-Known Member

Every bullet is different so you'll need to perform your test each time you work with a new one.

3. AJ Peacock

AJ Peacock Well-Known Member

Are you using it as a single shot? If so, you have a great starting point. If not, make sure it fits in your magazine, as you might need to shorten it a little to make it fit.

Good luck,
    AJ

4. mattj

mattj Well-Known Member

5. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

I'm with AJ. 3.8 won't fit in a standard Savage magazine though.

6. outdooraddict

outdooraddict Well-Known Member

It has a mag and no it wont fit I have to go down to 3.73 to fit in the box was just wondering how that will affect anything because I keep reading about seating into the lands. thank you I am using 200gr accubonds.

7. AJ Peacock

AJ Peacock Well-Known Member

Shoot it and see. The important part is that you now know where your lands are.

I don't have a single rifle that I seat "into the lands". I seat them close though.

I would shoot it at the maximum length your magazine will easily handle and try to work up a load at that length. You might be pleasantly surprised.

AJ