300 RUM Barnes 200gr LRX loads

C Mahoney

I just picked up a 300 RUM and I plan on loading Barnes 200gr LRX bullets. If you have experience with this load I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you

I haven't tried them yet, but I have some 168 grain 7mm LRX for my 280ai. It can be hard to find load data, but Barns has an email contact. They sent me unpublished load data. Might try that.

Yeah, the 230 Berger and 300 RUM were made for each other. :D

Bergers are my go-to as well, but I live in a 'progressive' state that has been really pushing the lead-free agenda. :rolleyes: So I'm trying to have a contingency. Not sure about the OP :)

I am trying to use a copper round for this rifle because I purchased my lifetime CA hunting license before I left the state. I get a deer tag for rest of my life there and CA is banning lead bullets in an attempt to save the world. At the moment, this will be my rifle for eastern sierra muleys if I happen to get a tag there this year. Thanks for all the info, I will definitely work on a Berger load after I get the copper load dialed in.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.