300 Norma (or NMI) 230 Berger Hybrids real velocities

Now that Lapua makes 300WM brass, no reason to move away from it. Several other boutique brass manufacturers out there, so there's other options. I have had a RUM for decades, but recently went with the 300 PRC. 82.5 of VV N570/215M/Lapua (max in my rifle) got 3005 fps with the 245 Berger and a sub 1/4" three shot group during workup. 30" 8 twist. The PRC just seems to sit at mag length with the long VLD type bullets better. Still not doing anything the 300 WM wont do. The RUM is a whole different critter, as that 30" barrel will easily walk away 200+ fps faster with same bullet and RL 33 powder. Kind of ridiculous with those long barrels and a 9" TBAC can hanging off the end, but the performance (especially at my altitudes) makes me giggle. We love to split hairs in this hobby. I shoot the PRC way more than the RUM. The extra performance of the RUM comes at the expense of significantly increased barrel wear.
Great one more powder to try and track down that's some fantastic speed you got with that bullet. Maybe I should try my 250 atips in mine.

It is fast. You pay for performance. The high energy powders are impressive for sure, however so is the accelerated barrel wear. Barrels are like tires. We LOVE the new set, but HATE to pay for them. I try and shoot the longest barrel I can, that extra length over a 26" really stretches the legs on overbore cartridges. **** near 40" of barrel and can don't make much of a brush gun. Run those cartridges hard with HE powders, they don't last nearly what would be considered "normal" for that particular loading. Just doing my part to keep my gunsmith busy.

My 300nmi's all shoot close to 3200 with (at sea level) with 230's 215's snd 225's.
N570 about 90 grains in a'll of them.
27-28 inch tubes
WMGLR primers

Any thoughts about a 300 Allen Xpress ? it'll push a 230gr easily into 3300 fps range.

300 NM 30" barrel, RL 26-
210 ABLR- 3251
230 Berger 3057
245 Berger 2908

I originally wanted an improved but decided I didn't want to potentially waste 2 firings on forming. N570 will get more speed but I weigh to the kernel and that stuff is the size of corn.

That Allen is gonna be the top of the heap.
Anything Kirby does is usually played with so much he's extracted the absolute max out of the cases that guys is always playing with stuff to get more.
That being said it takes forever to get the rifle.
I have one of his and it's absolutely a fantastic rig. None better. But I couldn't say if it would be worth the wait.
You could do a lapua improved .30 of a slightly different spec than kirbys and get close without the super long wait.
I wish I had the time and money for another one of his.

I have a couple boxes of 230s but have yet to try any load development with them. I'd really like to see what they do out of my 26" 300 Norma but I've been extremely happy with the performance of the 199 hammer hunter.

I know it's not the bullet you're asking for real world numbers but I'm able to push the 199 at 3225fps with 88.0gr of retumbo. It's definitely a hot load but it's also accurate and hammers **** dead

300 NM 30" barrel, RL 26-
210 ABLR- 3251
230 Berger 3057
245 Berger 2908

I originally wanted an improved but decided I didn't want to potentially waste 2 firings on forming. N570 will get more speed but I weigh to the kernel and that stuff is the size of corn.
Ryan Pierce sells hydroformed/neck turned brass. Not cheap but saves barrel wear and precious components.

That Allen is gonna be the top of the heap.
Anything Kirby does is usually played with so much he's extracted the absolute max out of the cases that guys is always playing with stuff to get more.
That being said it takes forever to get the rifle.
I have one of his and it's absolutely a fantastic rig. None better. But I couldn't say if it would be worth the wait.
You could do a lapua improved .30 of a slightly different spec than kirbys and get close without the super long wait.
I wish I had the time and money for another one of his.
I'm not looking for the fastest velocity. I will be happy with whatever can reliably get me to just over 3000fps with the most efficiency. Right now that appears to be the Norma Improved without having to push it to the limit all the time, hammer expensive brass and burn out expensive barrels.

I'm not looking for the fastest velocity. I will be happy with whatever can reliably get me to just over 3000fps with the most efficiency. Right now that appears to be the Norma Improved without having to push it to the limit all the time, hammer expensive brass and burn out expensive barrels.
My load gave me the best accuracy when I reached that point so I never pushed it past that limit. Don't know if there was another accuracy node beyond that, but I thought brass management was more important.

I have a couple boxes of 230s but have yet to try any load development with them. I'd really like to see what they do out of my 26" 300 Norma but I've been extremely happy with the performance of the 199 hammer hunter.

I know it's not the bullet you're asking for real world numbers but I'm able to push the 199 at 3225fps with 88.0gr of retumbo. It's definitely a hot load but it's also accurate and hammers **** dead
What is your COAL with this load?

I'm not sure you'll burn out barrels faster whether your pushing bullets at 3000 or 3300 fps...but maybe so.