30 rar

topweldor

Howdy, I am new to forum. I have a remington htr 30, was wondering if anybody has taken any game with one. I have great 200 yd groups with remington ammo. Seems like a great midrange deer rifle.

How do you like it? Ive always liked the idea of it, but havent really been able to find much info on it. Do you handload for it? What kinda velocitys are you getting from it. Im really curious about this cartridge...

I really like it. I checked out the 6.8, but it is a little anemic for me. The 30 rar is great to shoot, It groups well. I do handload. I have been shooting 150 prvi bullets and I am getting 2" groups at 200 yds. The trigger is terrible, I am sure it will shoot better than I can when I install a Timney. I have'nt shot the 125 gr, but the ballistics look impressive. I plan on using it for Coues deer this fall. The only thing is ammo is hard to get. and brass is none existent. I have been getting it at Hinterland online. Sorry to be so long winded, hope it helps.

No, thank you. Thats the one thing that has held me back is the availibility of the ammo/ brass. I think if remington would have fielded this cartridge around the time that AA was anouncing their 6.5 grendel, it would have givin it a run for its money. Remington hasent really been behind anything though. They came up with the 6.8, but left it in the dust at the first sign of trouble. Then they introduce the 30 rar, but let it fall away like the 6mm rem. Now, there trying to do the blackout, which is nothing more then a new deviant of the wisper. we'll see how long they stay on board with that one... They have a really good "new ideas" team, a crappy R&D team and a non-existant marketing team. Look at the almighty 700... Even it has been falling by the wayside... Thanks again for the info. I appreciate it! Brian.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts