30-06 ar

Its fairly light so she bucks. A good comp will make it more fun to shoot.

I have no hands on experience with it ... are you saying their muzzle brake is not good? I considered trying out their muzzle brake (in support of made in Montana products :cool:) for another project last year but never got around it.

From this video it does not look too shabby, but again I have not shot it.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
My itching brain got the best of me, are the 30-06 / 270 running a propitiatory Mag or is it from something else with a slight re-purpose? [BAR, ??? etc]

**** lucky one way or the other if one of these things finds it's way into my home... :rolleyes:

The Mags are caliber specific. Not modified G.I mags. 30.06 is too long to play adapt a mag..:) I would rather have a 300RUM platform but that involves a refinance on your house!!

The bad news version in 338 Norma would be a good one except for the 6 grand price tag and that's the same case that Swamplord is using on his 6.5 pro.

As a matter of fact I have. And if recoil management is an issue for you then stay away from the 30.06. It kicks like a donkey going through a bad divorce. I like it though But I am 6'1 250lbs. Only draw back is price. Get a really nice 308 for the cost of one of these and I am a 308 guy.

Gee, it looked fairly light in the video. ???

I know this is a old post but I picked up a BN36 this weekend and the recoil is very minimal. I'm not sure where I would rate it but it would be less than a 20 ga. I'm a short but stout guy at 5'6 180 lbs and have no issues doing a 20 rd mag dump.

Attachments

• 20150921_115649.jpg
    20150921_115649.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 82
How does it shoot? Are you getting good groups with it. Does it feed smooth? Just wondering as I want to get one for the empty space in my safe. Any info will be good to know and are you reloading for it?

I haven't ran it past 100 yds yet but with off the shelf Barnes vortex 165 gr it shoots 3 shot clover leafs. Mine functioned flawless and cycled very smooth but I only ran 40 rounds through it. Reloads should be fairly easy to tune with the adjustable gas block. As far as the overall function so far it runs just as smooth as my FN FNAR and the recoil is pretty close. Hopefully this weekend I will get to run it out to 500 yds.

Hey everyone,

I have the Miller Precision Arms 300 Winmag AR (true AR, non reciprocating charging handle) and I can tell you first hand that these rifles are great. When I decided to purchase an AR chambered in 300 win mag I looked between the big 3 manufacturers. I went with miller because they are truly an AR type platform and most of the components are .308 components. I did not like the idea of a charging handle moving back and forth with the recoil pressures of a 300! I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about these rifles. I am also currently selling mine if you want to pick one up for much cheaper than buying new. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.