30 cal Hornady SST

"sure would be nice if some good hearted person would explain all of this ogive stuff in a way that everyone would understand.

Would detailed pictures or drawings be too much to hope for?"

It's all in books such as Rinker's.

Best, Rifleman 7

We were joking, just meant that for some people the math and technical stuff goes in one ear and out the other. Its all part of the game, for some people the technical aspect plays a big part of their enjoyment. Ever been around an engineer who shoots
wink.gif

I got a deal on some .30 cal SST's for my stuff.
Used them a few times in my 300 WM Sako and they sucked.
Tried them in my 300RUM Sendero and, WOW..only the great Match King has shot this good out of this rifle!!!
I seated the bullet to the cannular..3.60, with RL 25....sakofan..

Just loaded and shot my first sst's for my 270 win. (140g) Most accurate bullet I have shot yet. Have only tryed them at 100 yards yet and my best 5 shot group was just over 1/2 an inch. I am very impressed. Will load some more and try them at longer ranges.

Thanks Ian for the kind thought. I would consider my self a fairly good shooter but lousy at reading conditions. That will come with lots of burnt powder.

Took my Gibbs and wby out last Friday for some plinking. Wind was gusting and mirage was horrid. However, was able to hit some clay pigeons at 740yds using the 165gr SST.

I found that I was over compensating for wind drift. could be the bullet or my inability to read conditions. Either way, popping a clay at that range is a hoot.

If anyone is shooting the 180gr SST, let me know. Would love to compare drop tables with you. I am guessing that the real world performance is going to be similar to the 200gr MK but at a higher vel.

Love these bullets

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.