2k ranging

quite a few are selling Newcons. i just bought a 2000 pro for 460 shipped to my door from Opticsale. i think they're on sale now. most of the time they'll cost 475-500 shipped. do a search and quite a few will come up.

The Newcon specs do not list the divergence which is very important. Very mixed reviews on those.

I have the Newcon 3000 and have ranged consistant in all conditions to 1800 yds. on trees, rocks, cows, shrubs, etc. Over 2000yds on small targets in cloudy conditions is common, almost 100% on a tripod. Best in cloudy, good conditions was a sign at 4061 yds, 2 days in a row. Antelope on the flats at 1700 are tough, need a shrub or tree, but that's better than many RF's. Again, you pay for what you get.

billec, received my RF today, only had a little time to play. it's a little bigger than my 1500bushnell, but very light. optics are pretty good. i'll play with it while driving around tomorrow and see what i can get with it.

Boss, can you explain what divergence is exactly, as relates to range finders?

The Newcon specs do not list the divergence which is very important. Very mixed reviews on those.
The 3000 Pro is approximately 1.8 Mils wide by about .68 Mils high. While there have been some mixed reviews on the cheaper models (especially the really cheap ones) I'm not aware of any for the higher end models--sort of as to be expected.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.