Laser Technology Impulse 2k rangefinder

Why does it have a scope on top? Is it meant to be mounted on a rifle? Then you lift your head off the stock 10 inches to shoot? It's expensive!

The scope facilitates the viewing of long range items and precise aiming of the laser beam. When using high quality laser devices that emit a small laser any movement will usually net you an incorrect reading or no reading at all. Most of them are tapped on the bottom side for mounting on a tripod or camera fitting mount to keep its movement while in use to a minimum.

Its not meant to be mounted on a fire arm its meant to be used as a stand alone system.

John Burns from Best of the West uses a similar if not the same LRU device.

Its a high quality device capable of extreme ranging and accurate repeatability. Other units exist and prices only go!

I had forgotten about that unit. I owned one for a few years. It is quite good. There is a hand strap for holding it when you don't have tome to put it on a tripod.

It's been a while. I vaguely remember putting a different scope on it because the included one wasn't very good.

it looks like a good unit, I like the scope to be able to pinpoint the laser, I have some problems with my newcom at exactly pinpointing the laser getting different ranges each time

In using the scope you'll definitely know what you're aiming at but any rangefinder will still be limited by the angle covered by the unit.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.