Best long range glass under 2K

reachingout

I am about half way into a 300 Win Mag build and am wrestling with what glass to pursue. I have a pretty high opinion of my Vortex Razo HD but have also heard great things about NF and of course there is a large following of Leupold faithful. Given that I have budgeted about 2#'s and 2K for this element of my build I am struggling with which way to go.

For those that are wondering I am looking to have both a hunting and long(ish) range target gun. Presently I have a bone stock Remington 700 5R tac 24in barrel stainless chambered in 300WM. It is currently at the smiths shop getting fit for 8-40's to mount the Ferrell FG-scope rail.

Additional question for the group: Little did I know and was very surprised to see upon unboxing this new gem of mine. The muzzle has not been crowned. While I will be fitting this weapon with a little B. Break I was wondering If I should have my smith put a target crown on the muzzle as well?

Leopold has a 12 - 40 x 60 mm for $1,300. at Cabela's and most places.

For $1,900. you get that scope in 20 - 60 x 89 mm for $1.900. at B&H Camera.

I've had the 12 - 40 x 60 scope for over 25 years and love it. Light, compact and waterproof.

Eric B.

Leopold has a 12 - 40 x 60 mm for $1,300. at Cabela's and most places.

For $1,900. you get that scope in 20 - 60 x 89 mm for $1.900. at B&H Camera.

I've had the 12 - 40 x 60 scope for over 25 years and love it. Light, compact and waterproof.

Eric B.

Holy objective Batman. That big of an objective and you could stand up with the rifle on the ground and pull with your toe. I've always had good luck with B&H. You just have to remember that they are Jewish owned and even the site is closed on Saturdays for ordering and also any Jewish holidays.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.