275 h&h

JohnyRingo

Does anyone shoot one of these or own one of these? I didn't even know they existed until a couple of days ago. I have owned two, 300 H&H's and love them. Now I am intrigued by the 275 H&H. There is not a lot of resource material out there to read but it looks like you can shoot a 140 grain bullet around 3,000 fps and that is good enough for me. I like owning guns that not many others own and I don't mind reloading. I think it would be a great custom gun project.

It shoots a .284 bullet.

According to what I read, it has a slightly less capacity of the 7mm Remington Magnum.

If you are an H&H lover it would be great vs. the 7mmRM.

Just resize 7mmRM brass. Steeper shoulder angle, narrower shoulder.

I bought a 275 H & H with dies that the previous owner had rechambered to 7 mag.
I never could get to shoot well. then had someone tell me to measure the bore. It was .288. Made a great tomato stake.

I bought a 275 H & H with dies that the previous owner had rechambered to 7 mag.
I never could get to shoot well. then had someone tell me to measure the bore. It was .288. Made a great tomato stake.

Hahaha. Check everything.

Does anyone shoot one of these or own one of these? I didn't even know they existed until a couple of days ago. I have owned two, 300 H&H's and love them. Now I am intrigued by the 275 H&H. There is not a lot of resource material out there to read but it looks like you can shoot a 140 grain bullet around 3,000 fps and that is good enough for me. I like owning guns that not many others own and I don't mind reloading. I think it would be a great custom gun project.

The original factory specification for the bullet diameter is 0.287" by H&H. So our 7mm bullets (0.284") will not have the accuracy which you would normally expect from one of our 7mm cartridges.

Other than that, it is basically the 7x61 S&H Super by case volume but being 2.500" in case length. The case capacity is supposed to be 76 grains of H2O.

This is no different than the folks who want a .275 Rigby thinking it's something unusual when it is really just the 7x57 Mauser... no offense. We've all made similar assumptions.

If you want something a little unusual but available, you might consider the 7x61 S&H Super because of the standard 7mm bullets but in the same vein as the .275 H&H.

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.