270win loads

145 ELD-X because they look cool with the red poly tip.

Winchester Brass because it has a good looking head stamp and doesn't scratch up as easy as Hornady or Federal brass.

CCI-200 Primers because the silver contrasts well with the polished brass for nice bling factor.

IMR 4831 works best for accuracy with all things 3006ish in nature 150ish grain and up for projectile.

Superformance will give you a cool flame from your barrel, louder report, and extra velocity but accuracy won't be as easy to find as it will with the IMR 4831.
Lol bling is important, better tumble'em an extra hour

My brother in law wants me to help him make a varmint load and big game(elk) load for his 270win
Just wondering what everyone kind of liked in their 270s?
I have a 270 Win, but I don't shoot it much. My buddy used the mention 90gr Sierra for varmints and Nosler 130gr BT or 140gr AB's for elk. Or at least he used to, we later start using our hunting loads to shoot chucks at distance as long as we had clean kills and a good backstop.

For elk I bought 150 gr Speer Grand Slams over twenty years ago. I still have them lol. I made loads with 150gr Partitions using H4831, your basic classic book load. The guys over at Rokslide loaded up 170gr EOL's with RL26 and their standard 1-10" twists. It can work but you may lose some BC. It really depends on your barrel and elevation.

Its so good to see that folks still use the good ole 270.
270 has killed plenty of animals all over the world.
The only 270 I have now loves IMR4350 and 150 gr Partitions but I would bet they will shoot Nosler Accubonds just as well.130 gr has taken plenty big animals also.
As others have said the amount of powder, and make of powder,primer as well as how close to Lands to load will be your indicator for accuracy.
Its a journey so enjoy your journey and keep all posted as to what works best for your rifle.
Just my 2 cents
Old Rooster

Its so good to see that folks still use the good ole 270.
270 has killed plenty of animals all over the world.
The only 270 I have now loves IMR4350 and 150 gr Partitions but I would bet they will shoot Nosler Accubonds just as well.130 gr has taken plenty big animals also.
As others have said the amount of powder, and make of powder,primer as well as how close to Lands to load will be your indicator for accuracy.
Its a journey so enjoy your journey and keep all posted as to what works best for your rifle.
Just my 2 cents
Old Rooster

I have a .270 Ackley Improved, with the 26 inch barrel I am turning up 3300fps with the 150gr ABLR bullets. It is a little bit of a pain to fireform brass but other than that I like the cartridge a lot. The gunsmith who built the rifle said that not too many people know how to chamber the Ackley to make the false shoulder, not quite sure what that means? When I fire form cases it is difficult to close the bolt on my rifles (actually have two one of them is my son's). Once the cases are fireformed and run through the sizing die the rifle functions as it is supposed to.

I use Barnes 130gr. TTSX, backed up by 54.5gr of H4350, getting an average velocity of 3100fps out of a 22" barrel. That's my all around go to round, for everything.
Wow! Barnes 130 TTSX, 54.0gr H4350 22" barrel only gets me 2900. Browning BAR. It's an accurate load, and I've drilled a few wild pigs and deer with it at 150 - 250 yards. Pass throughs with dramatic results and little meat loss.

My brother in law has an elk tag, so he finally made time to make a load, he also sold his old 270 and bought a tikka, good decision I think. We ended up with 46gr of h4831 behind a 140accubond shooting SubMOA, I think the barrel will improve with a little more shooting but it's making nice round groups under and inch so it'll work for him.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond.
We still need to fool with the 90gr sierras at some point lol

At one time I owned 4 270's and found what aushunter1 said to be extremely true.
My Remington was the most accurate with the Winchester 70 next,then the Weatherby Vanguard (Howa) and the Savage was the least accurate.Every rifle had a different load and a different powder for one rifle so I kept good notes.I have load data back to 1967 for all my reloading.I don't reload anything without notes.
Canhunter35 I used 90 gr Sierra's for coyotes and one day with a doe tag in hand and a big doe a little over 200 yards so I used the 90 gr Sierra on the huge doe and it's impossible to die any quicker so I have a great amount of respect for the 90 gr Sierra in the 270.
The 270 win is one of the overlooked cartridges and I know many that take elk nearly every year with them

Several people have mentioned that IMR 7977 might get them some added velocity. By the book, it looks good. But I could never get enough in the case to get those results (60ish grains was all I could muster). Good accuracy, on par with H4831SC, just not the velocity I had hoped for.

Going to try some RL26 (I scored a pound several months ago).