264WM & RE33 data?

MagnumManiac

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone can stear me in the right direction in using RE33 in the 264WM.
I have tried 70gr with a 142gr ABLR, velocity was very low and I need a MAX charge to work from.
I am running Win ww-super cases and if anyone can do a QL prediction I would be very grateful. My version hasn't been upgraded and doesn't list RE33.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
;)

I'll somewhat repeat what I've found. Cases are WW. 142 LRAB. Rem 91/2 magnum primers. Started too low in my first attempt. 72 or 72.5 is closer to the 'bottom'. Wasn't getting much velocity at the low end and accuracy was poor. At 74 I hit 3200 fps and a good group as stated. I did take the load up to 76.5 and started getting stiff bolt lift. Took my elk and a small whitetail doe with the load. Neither one was 'long' range - 137 and 225.
And no, Alliant still hasn't bothered to test the 264 out. Rather aggravating to me.

I've been using r33 in my 264 for a couple yrs. My accuracy load for the 140 vld was 73 gr. And it load for the 143 eld-x was 73.5. They both gave me 3125. I think max in my rifle at the time was about 76ish.. and i couldn't get much more powder in the case. I was using Remington and nosler brass

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts