264 Mag

Wow, very nice. Don't have 33, have you tried LRT ,869 or 26. I'm going to try the slow powders. 👍😎
Accuracy was good with 26, but velocity was not where I wanted. I was able to get both with 33. I haven't tried 869, but it would be worth trying. My cousin has good luck with the older 870. I believe 869 is similar to that, but I could be wrong about that.

Accuracy was good with 26, but velocity was not where I wanted. I was able to get both with 33. I haven't tried 869, but it would be worth trying. My cousin has good luck with the older 870. I believe 869 is similar to that, but I could be wrong about that.
Thanks, I have retumbo also, but I'm going to try 869 and Lrt. Those two should be interested to try, thanks again. 👍😎

LRT is going to be a little slow in a SAAMI 264WM. It works good in my Ackley Improved version shooting 156 EOLs.
I have a model 70 that I rebarreled, 6-7yrs ago, 26" with 8 twist. I've tried 869 before with 140gr but it been awhile. LRT on my chart shows to be faster than 33 and 869. I know its a oddball powder, but won't know till I try it. I've tried it in 257 bee, 6/5-300 bee and 300Rum. I understand these are big volume cases. Don't know till you try, someone with QL. might come up with a recipe, but I will work off my 869 load data. Thanks, where in N. Texas. I lived there for 8 years, Tyler, Corsicana, Waco and Houston. Great state. Thanks again. 👍

I have a model 70 that I rebarreled, 6-7yrs ago, 26" with 8 twist. I've tried 869 before with 140gr but it been awhile. LRT on my chart shows to be faster than 33 and 869. I know its a oddball powder, but won't know till I try it. I've tried it in 257 bee, 6/5-300 bee and 300Rum. I understand these are big volume cases. Don't know till you try, someone with QL. might come up with a recipe, but I will work off my 869 load data. Thanks, where in N. Texas. I lived there for 8 years, Tyler, Corsicana, Waco and Houston. Great state. Thanks again. 👍
I have QL. I've run RL33, N570, LRT and Retumbo in my 264 WMI with 156 Berger EOL. In order of burn rate based on actual case volume with my setup Retumbo is too fast and pressures out very early, then RL33, then N570 and finally LRT. LRT give the highest velocity before pressuring out but QL still only calculates 96% burn in a 28" barrel. N570 is perfection in this case, 101% case fill and 100% powder burn within the barrel and still gets me 3350fps avg. LRT can get over 3400 without hitting pressure but is not as accurate.

Internal ballistics are a funny thing.

I have QL. I've run RL33, N570, LRT and Retumbo in my 264 WMI with 156 Berger EOL. In order of burn rate based on actual case volume with my setup Retumbo is too fast and pressures out very early, then RL33, then N570 and finally LRT. LRT give the highest velocity before pressuring out but QL still only calculates 96% burn in a 28" barrel. N570 is perfection in this case, 101% case fill and 100% powder burn within the barrel and still gets me 3350fps avg. LRT can get over 3400 without hitting pressure but is not as accurate.

Internal ballistics are a funny thing.
Cool, unfortunately N570 is another powder I don't have. In all my 264 cal. I am not impressed with 156 , let's look at 140gr., please. What did you find. And Yes you are right, internet ballistic especially in this caliber is a funny thing. That's might be why the 264.cal. in this country didn't get recognized till the last 10-12 years. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you very much. 👍

Knew a guy here several years ago in our neck of the woods that shot only 100gr. Nosler Partitions out of his 264. Hunted everything with that bullet whitetail, Mulies, Antelope and even Elk. Never lost an animal.

Knew a guy here several years ago in our neck of the woods that shot only 100gr. Nosler Partitions out of his 264. Hunted everything with that bullet whitetail, Mulies, Antelope and even Elk. Never lost an animal.
Howdy, I've been shooting 120 ttsx, for years. Last year I switched to 127 lrx, and yes I agree. I have never had any regret. And I'm probably going to stay with them. The 127 are my new go to, they work very well, can cover 3 shots at 200 yds with a nickel. They expanded better than the 120 also. I was playing with other bullet with slow powders, experimenting. Thanks for your time. 😎

140gr sierra s-bt work fine in a 9 twist. I've shot many thru my mod70. As far as the lrt suggestions it should be fine in the 140gr and up, but the 9 twist isn't much help unless using the sierra I mentioned. Lots of other good suggestions though. I've used imr4831 in the wm for decades whether it be hot or cold (northern Texas, aka west Texas/ Texas panhandle).

I am not at my data notes but I think it is 61grains IMR 4831, please check your load manual first
These were mild loads that gave me the best groups
Not the highest velocity but worked for me for over 35 years
Still use that load now
If I can help more I will be glad to
Good luck and enjoy the Classic!
I shot the same load with 129g Hornady Sp, Rem brass with Rem 9 1/2 primer, very accurate at 3150 fps in the Win model 70.

H1000 gives much longer barrel life with the hotter loads with the 140g.