260 rig for under $1K ?

The cheapest way to get an action is buy a used gun or new adl and hock the stock and barrel for 50-100 dollars on ebay.

shilen is match barrel on a budget IMHO for the best i would rely on kreiger--which i am right now (waiting on a barrel right now)

1:9 is good but i have heard can be tempermental with the 140's under 2900fps--depends on the barrel.

Williamsport has the most restrictive rules--.950 at muzzle and 1.25 for no more than 6" from the action face before tapering.

JB

I don't know about restrictions on the barrel diameter w/ regards to competition, I was just thinking that hanging too long of a barrel w/ a profile resembing a truck axle
wink.gif
off of a factory receiver w/ magazine cutout and all might not be a Good Thing. Maybe some of the fellows w/ factory actions and long barrels can chime in here.

YMMV,

Monte

My buddy just picked up a 12BVSS in 300 WSM for $600. The synthetic stock was about $50 cheaper. I've seen these rifles about $500 chaeper in each case on the internet. His has the Accutrigger and is a very nice rifle. We had it shooting under 3/4" @ 100 yds. with factory Federal ammo.

Keith

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.