1K Prone Stock

dbhostler

Just shot, for the first time, in the Illinois LR Championship with a hunting rifle stock. Don't make it, neck and shoulders still sore.Would like your recommendations for a good adjustable prone stock, or maybe suggestions for accessories I could install on the one I have, a standard Precision Sendero syn.
Thanks,
db

in latest sinclair catalog i saw the sinclair stock a f-class and a prone. good price too. check them out.

Richard micro fit make some with nice pattern for prone shooting and price start as 125$ for a blank

good shooting

DAN TEC

Richard's MicroFit and Elkridge Stocks make some inexpensive semi-inletted blanks if you are interested in doing the work yourself over the winter perhaps. For 'serious' stocks, check out Master Class stocks by Alex Sitman, or McGee stocks. MasterClass can do a complete fitting and bedding of the rifle for you, but it's not cheap, but it *is* supposed to be absolute top notch according to everyone I've ever talked to. Master Class and McGee also offer semi-inletted blanks, and you can get them w/ some of the goodies already installed, like trigger guard, adjustable cheek pieces, adjustable butt-stocks, fore-end rails, already drilled for the pillars for bedding, etc. Each item runs the price up a bit, but it all depends how much time and effort you want to put into it yourself vs. having the pro's do it. Me, personally, I have no desire to futz w/ an adjustable cheekpiece installation, nor do I have the machinery necessary, so I'm ordering one w/ that already done and installed, for example.

Jim Cloward also makes some extremely fine stocks, but we start running towards even higher end $$$$ there. All in all, these (McGee, MasterClass, Cloward) are some of the more popular ones in HighPower that I've seen so far, and should be good choices. Take the time to browse the galleries at McGee and MasterClass and see what you think. Oh, and BTW, the MasterClass stocks are available in fiberglass as well as wood/laminate (I believe they are made by Ian Robertson for MasterClass).

Elk Ridge Stocks

Richard's MicroFit Stocks

MasterClass Stocks

McGee Stocks

Enjoy,

Monte

Thanks for the info. I just recieved the new Sinclair Cat. Those new stocks look great. I think I'll nose around the sites milanuk has supplied. I've got the winter to decide, last match was Sat.
Thanks again,
db

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.