260 Remington help

You should familiarize yourself with the process for calculating bullets stability before you make any decisions:

Also need to consider terminal performance .

My 260 AI, with Bartlien barrel 8T, really likes R19 , and the Berger 135 VLD classic. sub MOA, Although I have a 6.5 Creed,and it is a very efficient cartridge, I dont know that I would chose one over the other,unless you just tinker in the reloading room as I do. Good luck!

Ream that 260 to an Improved chamber to get incredible performance (very close to 6.5 PRC), especially with 130 or lighter. Have NEVER lost an animal to one of my 260's. Only one shot used on each (too many too count) out to 490yds with 147 ELDM.
I would just change the barrel and chamber the 1/8 twist to 260 AI - my grandson and I have three and they are way good performers. They love 129 gr and 142 gr Nosler Accubond LR's- 50 grains H1000

I've shot 140Sbt in 9 twist with no issues, but match bullets could be different due to being longer just inside the 8-8.5 range. Less than 140gr will work fine for sure. Some have a fine line where velocity and other atmospheric conditions help or hinder 140's in 9T. Sierra states a 7.5 is needed for their 150smk. I guess I'll find out if velocity help from a 26" 9T 264wm and/or an 8T 260rem and 6.5creed. I do have a 7.5T in 264wm for comparing. I'm also going to find out if .263 is going to be doable.
I have had my 260 Rem for over 20 years. It shoots regular Remington 140grs into 1.5 inches at 200 yards. My 155gr handloads shoot 2.5 inches a 200 yards which I have used for black bear and caribou. I would feel confident using it on elk or moose if I needed to. I will give credit to the 6.5CR for putting a lot more 6.5/.264 bullets in the market for us to use. There are so many great bullets between 120 and 130 grains it is hard to pick a bad one. I have been meaning to work on a lighter weight varmint and antelope round, but I have been a little to busy to devote the time.

New reloaded dumb ?
I'm looking reload 260 Remington what bullet do I need
I know it 26 cal but what bullet
264 dia
Or 6.5 bullet
Thanks
load-book-260-remington.jpg
First- you did not say what you wanted to shoot (small or large game, targets, long range, etc.) so identify that to see what type of bullet you should be looking for. Second- order yourself one of these load books that provides a synopsis of most of the common load recommendations by bullet and powder vendors. The load books are available from many reloading vendors from EBay to Midway and others. Read through it twice. Third- When you identify a your target type and an appropriate bullet, you should focus on the bullet vendors' loading information to work up some starting loads to see how your rifle shoots them. Fourth- STAY SAFE! Follow ALL the safety guidelines for reloading ammunition. Learn from a book or even better another person who reloads. Fifth- Have fun. Reloading offers a huge assortment of options, variables, and challenges, so enjoy the adventure.

Mine is 1-9 and it shoots 120gr Sierra 1720's very well.
My go to load for light bullets in 260 1/8 twist, are 120ttsx on top of 46gr Superperformance out of a 16" bolt gun. Velocities pushing 3K+, can u say laser in short barrel? GREAT KILLER FOR MOUNTAIN GUN......Or a stand/blind gun. In other words if your looking to have ONE rifle for everything, look no farther,,,,

My go to load for light bullets in 260 1/8 twist, are 120ttsx on top of 46gr Superperformance out of a 16" bolt gun. Velocities pushing 3K+, can u say laser in short barrel? GREAT KILLER FOR MOUNTAIN GUN......Or a stand/blind gun. In other words if your looking to have ONE rifle for everything, look no farther,,,,
BY THE WAY, this was a Remington take off, cut and threaded 1/8. Cut a Rem 308 take off 5R and both head spaced off shoulder using same recoil lug to make a switch barrel cranked on with 65 ft lbs ea. Both shoot under 3/4 moa with standard or "fast" reloads. All work done by Twisted Precision in Comfort Tx.