.260 rem AR10 load suggestions

toolsofthetrade

Looking for folks that have loaded the .260 for an AR10, mainly looking for predator and medium game loads, powder preferences? bullet preferences? I currently load for 6.5 grendel, and use 95gr, 100gr, and some 105gr and have good performance, but am new to this cartridge and the AR10 platform, (which ive heard needs some special considerations).

My LR260 likes H4350 and IMR4350 and BR2 primers.
Hopefully you have an adjustable gas block. If so you can try Reloder19 and H4831.

I'm not sure how much reloading experience you have with a semi auto gas rife, so forgive me.....I suggest full length sizing your brass enough to bump the shoulders back .002" measured with a headspace comparator.
Also don't try to replicate book velocities of bolt action rifles. I just look for an accurate load.

Ive been reloading for Ar15's and other guns for about 10 years lol, so got the basics down...just never an AR10 and .260 rem.

Gotcha.
I discovered early that Lapua brass extractor trims are machined to maximum dimensions so after one firing with the rough extraction from an AR platform that they had trouble fitting into my priming shellholder. I bought Winchester brass and problem solved.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.