26 Nosler Wildcats - 28 Nosler (284)

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
Those are pretty SWAG estimates. In reality it could be closer.

The Nosler has more capacity and more velocity at the same pressure than the STW. Close but not that close. I know you love your STW, they are different from each other, not better than.

I was saying I would have figured the barrel life would have been better than only 1,000+, and closer to the STW ranked at 1,300+.

I do realize they are different animals (about like a deer and an elk), because despite size and a few different external characteristics, they're still in the same genus when it comes down to relativity. They're both large, similar capacity 7mm's, that are similar in velocity. Therefore I would have figured barrel life would have been ranked higher than it was estimated.

Maybe I'll try to sell my car and see about getting my 7MM off the ground. I bet it would gain some popularity as well.

Mud, don't sell your car. You might need transportation to the range! I would buy it, sight unseen but I too am putting together a 7mm! Lol.
Serious! Does anybody have a line on dies for this thing? I know I can use differant dies for this an that, but I'm looking for a compleate set. Anybody have any suggestions?

DT

Mud, don't sell your car. You might need transportation to the range! I would buy it, sight unseen but I too am putting together a 7mm! Lol.
Serious! Does anybody have a line on dies for this thing? I know I can use differant dies for this an that, but I'm looking for a compleate set. Anybody have any suggestions?

DT

The car is a weekend cruiser (long story-short, stupid idea I had when I was making a lot more than I am now thanks to the economy, now I'm stuck with the **** thing...). Don't worry, I still have my truck. :D

You would love my car... 2013 Mustang GT Track Pack (metallic gray w/black interior), 6-speed, less than 7,500 miles on it. Never been wrecked, and NEVER smoked in or had anything remotely near spilled in it. I am very particular about my sports cars... LOL

I can send you a link to my autotrader ad, if you're seriously interested... I want less than payoff just to get the payment gone, so I can help rebuild my accounts and get my massive credit card debts gone.

Thanks Mud for the offer, but like I said I also have a rifle that's goin together. I've got too many wants an not enough money to go around! Lol. Grand kids an rifles keep getting my money. Thanks for the offer though!

Hi Fred,

Did you try the final finish system?

I had to finish the testing series. The too much work. I'll clean the brass and make them up. Have to make a modified case too and measure before and after.

I received my reamer yesterday. Dies and brass ordered. Just waiting on a new 8.5 twist barrel. Will post results when things are finally put together. Looking forward to seeing more load data. Thanks Mr. Seaman.

-nosualc

I received my reamer yesterday. Dies and brass ordered. Just waiting on a new 8.5 twist barrel. Will post results when things are finally put together. Looking forward to seeing more load data. Thanks Mr. Seaman.

-nosualc

What dies did you order?

I ordered a redding FL bushing die. I'll have a Wilson seater cut by my smith when he does the chamber. I've become enamored with this combo.

-nosualc

The Nosler 28 was launched at SHOT, I was just there and it's SAAMI approved. Impressive ballistics, claimed anyway….time will always tell as we all know.
Yup they announced something I designed a year ago. Well it wasn't much of a stretch that they would. In fact, I called and told them to. Perhaps they had that as the plan all along.

The messed up the 30-Nosler and the 33-Nosler but whacha gonna do....

yes indeed the ballistics are impressive.

I'm glad I found found this forum. I thought I was on my own. I have a custom barreled action will be finished on the 9th in 28 Nosler, then it goes to TM Stockworks for stock fitting on a Mcmillan Edge . Custom dies are in order from Hornady and I have 200 cases of 26 Nosler.

Now I have load info that I can work with instead of doing it all on my own.

Bruce Pooley

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.