257 Weatherby Loads for Hunting

I found my Vanguard .257 Bee would not shoot boat tails, has to have flat base bullets. Anybody else find that an issue? I use the Barnes 115 gr. TSX, shoots bug holes,

morning, some rifles shoot flat based bullets better than
bt base bullets. some rifles shoot long ogive bullets better
than short ogive bullets. has something to due
with the chambering and twist. justme gbot tum

Over here in the UK H-1000 is no longer available (along with most of the H powders)due to one of its ingredients being banned by the EU. This is a disaster for me as I run H-1000 for both my .257 Wby and 7mm RM. Anyone suggest nearest alternate powders? Reloader and VV range of powders are most easily found at the moment.

If you can get some RL-26 I believe it would work good. Also RL-25 although it is somewhat temp sensitive. Norma MRP would also work great.

Thanks for the replies on alternative powders to H1000. I have 7828 which I run through my 300wby; Wondering if anyone else apart from AZShooter has much experience of R33 in a 257?
Mine has a 27inch barrel which was seen close on 500 rounds to date (not fired excessively or without cool down after 3 - 5 shots).

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.