257 weatherby load

Muddrunner what velocity are you get and what accuracy. I just got mine 257 back from Bob Hart. And working up loads now with 115 bt and h1000. Hopefully I can get this thing cloverleafing.

~3,300 with 70gr H1000 and Berger 115 VLD.
~3,425 with 68.5gr of RL 22 and 110 NAB.

With both loads I'm getting 1/2-3/4" MOA accuracy...I think I need to bed the action and lug. With the Berger 115's and the Zeiss 6.5-20x50 I can cut down 3' tall weeds 1 at a time, 50 yards away, that were swaying in the way of my target. Yes, I was aiming for the weed's stalk. I wish I had a good spotting scope, so I could use my iPhone and video some of these things. That would be cool, but a good spotting scope is out of the price range at the moment. Once I get one, I will start making some shooting vids. I know some of my claims seem outrageous, but I can assure you, I would gain nothing from lying, other than making myself look like a fool.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts