257 Weatherby help

Mine puts 115g Partitions into a ragged hole. It didn't like the Berger's and the Ballistic Tips are too fragile for my liking…best accuracy has been with the 110g Accubond. Same goes in my 25-06's, which use the same powders.

Cheers.
I'm definitely no fan of ballistic tips but they shoot stupid accurate in my rifle.
One day maybe Nosler will wise up and make a tipped Partition with a respectable BC. That's will be the ultimate hunting bullet IMO.

Was surprised by the Nosler data. Perhaps you can trade some of the IMR4350 for a few slower powders. Between friends and family there are seven .257 Wbys all shooting very accurately with a much slower powder. All with 110 or heavier bullets. Good luck

Not trying to confuse anything here , but my deer load is 67.2 Grns of IMR 4350 in my 270 Weatherby Mag( exact same case as 257 Weatherby ) with a 130 Grn Bullet. From The Nosler Book. That is only about an 89% case fill so you will have plenty of room . You could check the old Hornady Book Vol. 2 Loading 257 Weatherby Mag of 66.2 grns with a 110 Grn Spire Point , which would give you 3500 FPS , or the MAX Load of 67.8 Grns with the same bullet for 3600 FPS, from a 26 inch barrel. ( see page 141 ) Damm ,That is really fast!! Great LR Medium Game Round , Reliable Useful Powder, don't forget the Federal 215Mag Primers.