257 Roy load data

snox801

Ok I'm sure this is on hear somewhere but have searched for 30 Min and not found what I want. So here goes. Anyone have data for 115 gr nosler bts using h1000. I already have these items so of like to run these. As they show promises for longer shots. Also any reloading tricks I'm very new and have been loading to factory oal. Thanks in advance

Thats what I started with I have 115s and h-1000. And have worked up to 71 gr with the factory coal with 115s. Groups keep getting better. I see lots of people go over the 72 gr max is this normal? Obviously it is different in all guns. But almost everyone seems to go over.

Snox, mine shoots best groups with H1000, but with 115 Bergers and 26" barrel. Many tips here if you don't get too specific in your searches. Check brass prep, sorting brass and bullets, case trimming, neck sizing and seating depths for well authored info to get you going. Start light and work up on charges, like you said all guns are different. Good luck

First off, the book COAL is a good guide, but I would measure your magazine length and load 5 rounds .010" under this, shoot a group and see how it goes. To save time, load 5 round batches with the most accurate load and have them seated at .010" increments DEEPER into the case until you get around .050" shorter than your mag length, somewhere in there will be a sweet spot.
As it is a Weatherby, it will have a long throat and you will struggle to get a bullet close to the lands, which is why I suggested the above, this is what I do with my Weatherby's.

Cheers.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.