257 stw load data......

hvyw8t

I have been playing around with my newly aquired 257 stw built by Kirby Allen. Anyway would love to hear some of your load data for those of you who shoot them. Thanks!

Kirby didn't give you any load data when he sent you your gun?

Any ways I started out with 80 grains retumbo with 110 accubonds for a velocity of 3488. this is a good starting point. I've been to 3700 safely in my gun, but may not be safe for yours.

still trying to find the load that works best for me.

d-a

D-a, Kirby gave me some starting points, but i am always on the look out for more data. So far i have worked up to 85 grains of Ramshot magnum and 100 grain nolsler bts. Good for 3900fps out of my 30 inch lilja #6. I have also tried some 110 accubonds, 83 grains of magnum, good for 3750fps. Thanks for your input.

82.9 grains of retumbo 115 grain nosler partition 3522 fps out of a 26 inch barrel this is a max load for my rifle.Have fun with your new rig. let us no how it turns out

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.