250yd rifle

ejg

My lovely light weight 243 remmy had to give way to our tactical stock project and a heavy border barrel was fitted.
Now that our doe season started I wanted a light 250yd max rifle. We had the old original 243 sporter barrel from the remmy lying around which had only done maybe 400 rnds and an old bottom metall. I spoke to Fergal White in Athlone who few new remmy actions on the shelf. I applied the 3D method (decide, delegate, disappear), sent the barrel to Fergal, asked my son to try out a new resin and make the lightest possible carbon stock....and went on holidays. All was done when I came back, I finished the stock and put it together.
The stock is the lightest we have ever made, weighing complete 20.5 Oz ~ 570grams with the same ammount of fibers as our standard production. Even fitted myself the little "kaiser grip" which I like for a run-around rifle mostly used for off-hand shooting. The rifle complete without scope weighed around 5.7 lb. I fitted my 2.5-10x50 illuminated Kaps which is my favourite shorter range scope and is not too heavy. Tried out duracoat tac woodland brown, maybe the traditional stalkers will be fooled and let me shoot with them:) .
edi

DSCN6275.jpg

DSCN6279.jpg

DSCN6282.jpg

We'll see how it holds up at that weight, it is a large stock. Normally they'd be 24-25oz. I'm looking forward to giving the stock a hard time in the field.
My previous 243 remmy with a similar stock was great last year and I took 18 deer with it.
Edi
DSCN5129.jpg

What kind of deer is that?

I mean you no offense, but it looks small.

I know here in the states depending on where you are the whitetail deer ranges from a good size to labrador-retriever sized.

Matt N

Matt, thankfully they are not so large. Sika are the smallest of our deer. If you get a good stag in September you'll know about it when dragging him back to the car. Tomorrow morning we'll be heading out again but will concentrate on calfs and female Sika. At a push one can drag a calf and a hind from the hill.
Sika stags get a bit longer when hung in a tree:D. This sika shot by my friend ran another 100yds with heart and lungs shot to bits by 308/168 a-max.
edi
DSCN6139.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.