.25-06 Headspace Gauges?

grumpygunguy

I have all the parts to put together a Savage 110 in .25-06. I previously built a 7mm Rem Mag and had a great time doing it. I was surprised at how simple it was. Anyway, I went to reamerrentals.com to rent the headspace gauges and they didn't have them for .25-06. A quick bit of research shows that for both Forster and Manson the .30-06 gauges are used for a .25-06. Unfortunately, reamerrentals.com does not say what brand of gauges that they rent, nor do they say that .30-06 gauges should be used for .25-06. I'm guessing that the interchangeability between those 2 calibers is universal, but before I placed the order I thought I would check here.

The SAAMI headspace specs are the same for both cartridges. A 270 Winchester is also the same as those two.

Might be cheaper in the long run just to buy the go gauge. You can use a .003-004 shim or piece of scotch tape on the rear of the go gauge to create a no go gauge to check for excessive headspace.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.