25.06 Barnes 100Gr TTSX

Eric H

Do anyone have an idea why Barnes only list the 100Gr TSX and not the TTSX in the 25.06 load data? I believe they're the same but only one is tipped. Is there any listed load data anywhere for the TTSX 100Gr?

Pretty much the same. Also I would include the 101 lrx bullet too.
I'll try loading some using the TSX COAL plus the .078 in difference and see where that gets me. Problem is; is that I only have that one box. Will give it a shot. Maybe someone watching this thread and have both and could measure bullet base to OGIVE and give me the results.

I'll try loading some using the TSX COAL plus the .078 in difference and see where that gets me. Problem is; is that I only have that one box. Will give it a shot. Maybe someone watching this thread and have both and could measure bullet base to OGIVE and give me the results.
Barnes recommends starting .050 off the lands

They're very similar although the shank, ogive, and boat tail dimensions are not identical. It's not just a matter of the exact same profile with a tip added to one. I worked up a lazy load with my 257 bee with the tsx. My friend runs the ttsx in his weatherby. In the bigger weatherby case 7828 or rl25 is our preference for any 100 grain and heavier bullet and I'm sure they'd work awesome in 25-06, though perhaps compressed to get full horsepower.

Regardless of the minor geometry differences, A safe starting loading with one will absolutely be a safe starting load with the other. Just follow standard prudent loading practices and you'll be fine.

Eric, "COAL" is a dimension established by SAAMI so manufacturers can know the size to make magazines.

The more advanced way to reload for more accuracy is to measure with a Hornady, Davidson, or other device the distance to the lands. Then with barnes bullets, back off .050 and start working up loads, or establish the distance to the lands with the TSX that you are shooting and duplicate that distance from the lands with the TTSX. This is a complicated issue when you only have a partial box of bullets to work with, and darn impossible if you do not have an ogive gauge mentioned above.

I shot the 100g TTSX in my 257 Weatherby with .020 freebore with amazing accuracy at 3850 fps.

Eric, "COAL" is a dimension established by SAAMI so manufacturers can know the size to make magazines.

The more advanced way to reload for more accuracy is to measure with a Hornady, Davidson, or other device the distance to the lands. Then with barnes bullets, back off .050 and start working up loads, or establish the distance to the lands with the TSX that you are shooting and duplicate that distance from the lands with the TTSX. This is a complicated issue when you only have a partial box of bullets to work with, and darn impossible if you do not have an ogive gauge mentioned above.

I shot the 100g TTSX in my 257 Weatherby with .020 freebore with amazing accuracy at 3850 fps.
Thanks. Will give it a shot.

This is good. I love the .25-06 and have run all kinds of bullets in mine ranging from 100/115 grain Nosler BT, Berger Hybrid VLD and most recently, the 'old Sierra 117. The Hornady OAL gauge is great and to be honest, I've set everything .020 off the lands with great results. I've not used the Barnes Tipped TSX in my quarterbore but I run the 120 grain .264 TTSX in one of my Creedmores and it's a great bullet. What powder are you using? I typically use IMR 4831 or H4831.

Went out yesterday and set all at .05 and it looks promising. Pencil barrel doesn't help as the 3rd shot always wide, either to left or right. MAGPRO seem to be working. Chomping at the bit to get back out there. Remington Brass and Winchester LRP.

Attachments

• 20231009_111009.jpg
    20231009_111009.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20231009_111006.jpg
    20231009_111006.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 26
Went out yesterday and set all at .05 and it looks promising. Pencil barrel doesn't help as the 3rd shot always wide, either to left or right. MAGPRO seem to be working. Chomping at the bit to get back out there. Remington Brass and Winchester LRP.
I concur about the pencil barrel. I wouldn't worry about it. On a hunting rifle it's the cold bore shot that counts. Verify you're hitting where you mean to and go fill the deep freeze!