243 win long range bullet

Bought a Remington 700 .243 when I was in the 10th grade. Paid 150.00 for it Brand new. That was in 1966. I used 80 gr. bullets. shot many ground hogs and deer, never a problem. Some of the shots a ground hogs were passed 400 yds. There were no range finder back then. Try 80 gr, I do not think you will be sorry you did.

Yesterday I tried the 108 grain Hornady ELDM bullets in my two 6mm Remington rifles. The starting loads patterned and were keyholeing. The max loads were better, but over 1 MOA. When I tried the 100 grain Hornady Spitzer it tightened up some. I'll try the 95 Bergers next.
Additionally, I tested the 270 win Lead Free Nosler E Tip and it looked really good. Load development to follow.
To shoot the q08s, you need min 8 twist.

how did you benefit with ai ?
More powder capacity/bullet speed nearly 100+ ps, less trimming because less case stretch, increased case lifespan, and incredibly accurate.
Actually I`m getting 3200+ with 105 grainers, .3/.4 MOA accuracy.
Another benefit is that you can make only neck up to 5 or 6 runs, without touching the body, depending on your load off course.
It is accurate even with 243win factory ammo.
Fireforming it is an easy process, there are several methods arround.
Hope this helps

SO I have a custom 243 that I shoot in a few matches. It is set up with a 1:8 twist barrel. When I rebarrel it I will do the 1:7. so I originally used this gun as a single shot shooting 105gr Berger Target Hybrid. It was a single shot as the rounds would not fit in the magazine. I have turned it into a repeater a few years back. I currently shoot the 95gr TMK at 3195FPS using 49gr Retumbo. This combination seems to work well out to about 1300 Yards. Then it's transonic and not doing so well.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.